Worms in Cats
Many of the cat owners always make a big mistake when they treat their cats for the worms; they use the same treatment that is used for treating worms in dogs. It is recommended that you should never give the treatment of worms for dogs to cat under any circumstances. Even though if you have cat and dog both, never try to treat them in the same way for worms. You should always prefer the medication designed for specified species.
Treatment of Worms in Cats
In any case, the treatment of worms in cats is not at all easy. The main aim is to get rid of from the worms in your cats, but there are several factors to be taken into consideration before you proceed for the treatment of worms in cats. The first thing that you should do is to consult any veterinary doctor who is expert in treatment of worms in cats. They should be able to understand the actual problem and should do the major test to determine the reason of worms in your cat. They should also be able to find out how the worms are affecting your cat and what can be the appropriate cat worm’s treatment.
Through worms in cats is not a big issue and it usually happens in cats, but it can also take a serious turn if not treated timely. Seriousness can be due to the worm feast on vital and sensitive areas. Even you can buy the medications from veterinary medical stores, but it is always better to with your veterinary doctor and take some prescribed medication. Consultation with doctor will also help you at various stages of disease and the treatment phases.
Let us have a look at some of the major facts about the treatment of worms in cats.
- It is recommended to cat owners to look for the sign of worms in your cats. You can notice the worms in the cats stool. You can easily recognise them as they look like thin spaghetti and the tapeworms look like rice.
- The cat owners should also watch closely the other sign of worms, as only round worms and tape worms can be easily seen by naked eyes. Some other typical symptoms of worms include sudden weight loss in your cat, bloody diarrhea, distended belly, vomiting and blood in the stool.
- It is recommended by the animal health care experts, that cat owners should offer a monthly treatment to their cats. Round worms are pretty common and many cat owners should give monthly dose in consultation with doctor. You can give a puppy and kitten wormer syrup manufactured by Aristopet.
- You can also give prescribed wormer tablets; these de-wormer tablets are effective in treating tape worms, hook worms and roundworms. You can crush these tablets and can place inside the cat food. You can find these wormer tablets at any pet clinic or stores.
- Some doctors also prescribed wormer paste; this paste is considered to be an effective way to kill all types of worms.
So, next time wherever you see any symptoms of worm do remember these above facts and treat your cat with mentioned steps.