Acne vulgaris, otherwise called as acne, is caused by hyper active oil glands at the base of the hair follicles. It is triggered due to several reasons like physiological, hormonal and genetic. The oil glands produce sebum, a type of oil that blocks the pores, which accumulates oil. These unexposed areas can be affected by bacteria and thus filled with pus. This is called as pimples.
Another case of acne is the presence of dead skin blocks the pores. If this blocking of pores is without pigment and if it inside the skin, it is called whitehead. If it has come out of the skin and gets oxidized, it will get pigmented and is called as blackhead. Acne occurs all over the body. But mainly it is seen on the face and neck. In youth, the main reason for acne vulgaris is the hormone imbalance.
Treatment for Acne Vulgaris
Preventive Measures for Acne Vulgaris
- When the blood contains lots of impurities, there is chance for it to get eliminated through the skin. So a lot of ayurvedic and sidha treatment for blood purification is available. It can in turn prevent acne, only if it is not because of hormonal imbalance
- Honey mask application twice or thrice in a week helps to prevent acne
- Yogurt has a lot of essential bacteria. Application of yogurt will also prevent acne.
- Wash your face twice or thrice with mild detergents so that the skin pores are free to breathe
- Our skin also should be immune. So give them multivitamin support so that it is not easily attacked by microorganisms.
- Beta carotenes present in carrot is an excellent antioxidant that helps to fight the attack of free radicals
- Drink enough water to keep your skin healthy and stay away from acne.
- Give enough rest for your body. Then your immune system will get activated and self repair will take place
- Avoid alcohol, cigarettes etc that upsets the normal system of the body.
- Keep the skin cleansed, toned and moisturized for it to be healthy. A natural way of moisturizing is using tea tree oil and aloe vera extract mixed together.
Home Remedies for Acne Vulgaris
- Apply orange peel extracts regularly on acne. It will get lightened
- Ripe tomato paste helps in acne treatment
- Mix lemon and honey in equal proportions and apply to the affected areas.
- Paste made of besan, milk and water can be applied to acne
- Cooked oat meal and honey is a best home remedy for acne
Treatment for Acne Vulgaris with Medicines
- Anti bacterial agents like benzyl peroxide is used highly in the treatment of acne vulgaris
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, clindamycin or tetracycline helps in curing acne vulgaris
- If acne is caused by the hormonal imbalance, during adolescence, it can be treated using hormones
- Treatment for cystic acne is isotretionin which is an artificial retinoid (vitamin A) in the tablet form.
- Accutane is a medicine that can be taken to cure acne
Treatment for acne vulgaris has many options. With these preventive measures, home remedies and medicine you can keep acne at bay.