We have a simple yet mouthwatering sponge cake recipe that would be a guaranteed hit with the kids. Learn how to make sponge cake here.
Lemon Sponge Cake recipe
• 6 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind
• 1 cup flour
How to Make lemon Sponge Cake:
• Start by preheating your oven at 325F
• Take a bowl and separate the egg white from the egg yoke.
• Beat the egg yoke until smooth and yellow.
• Add sugar to the egg yoke and beat well.
• Add the lemon juice and rind to the egg yoke and mix well
• Beat the egg white separately.
• Add in the flour to the egg yolk and mix well.
• Add in the stiffly beaten egg whites to the mix and mix well.
• Take a medium sized ungreased pan and pour the cake mix into it.
• Place the pan in the oven and bake until the cake is puffed.
• Use a tester to check if the cake is done.
Remove the cake from the oven and let it sit for a while allowing it to cool before you remove it from the pan.