Maruti has already released update for their Smartplay Infotainment system on old Cars like Ciaz, SCross, to work with Android Auto. But dealers are hesitant to update it in their clients cars. Some dealers do not even acknowledge that it even exists. But some owners have already got hold of update files and have done it on their cars. If you are also one of them who cannot wait to update their system, we would like to help you in doing so.
Below are the steps involved to update your Smartplay Infotainment systems on old Maruti Cars.
- Step 1: Download Update files from below provided link
- Step 2: Download Original Files (Incase you are the chosen one and your Sani Grah tests your patience every now and then just like ours)
- Step 3: UnZip the Files.
- Step 4: Format a 4GB or above Pendrive.
- Step 5: Copy Unzipped files into Pendrive.
- Step 6: Insert Pendrive into your Car’s USB socket.
- Step 7: Start your Infotainment system and select USB from Media.
- Step 8: Press SETTINGS button for 5 seconds. Your update process should start on its own.
- Step 9: In 5 to 7 minutes, Security validation should happen and process should cross 50%. Incase if it fails, then you need to take out the PenDrive and insert it again. If it fails again before reaching 50%, then you can take your chance by trying to change your Pendrive. If its unsuccessful again then tough luck, you need to go to Step 2.
- Step 10: Once you cross 50% mark then You can be sure of that your updation will succeed, even if it takes 2 to 3 attempts or more. People generally get failure message at 96% mark. Try again by removing your Pendrive and inserting it back before system restarts. You might notice that Infotainment system will try to boot up even if you power off your car or you might get message saying restarting in 300 seconds, which we were not able to stop or cancel in anyway. Wait for it to finish but insert Pendrive before system starts looking for files to boot up.
- Step 11: Upon completion of updation process your system might shut down. Restart it using Power button. It will take some time to restart with screen flickering a few times. Give it sometime to boot before banging on screen.
- Step 12: Download Android Auto on your phone.
- Step 13: Connect your Phone with Infotainment system using good quality USB cable. A popup should come up on your screen to CONFIRM DISCLAIMER ON YOUR SMART PHONE.
- Step 14: YEEHAW. Rejoice.
Full Video Tutorial
PLEASE NOTE WE TRIED IN OUR SYSTEM AND IT WORKED WITH MULTIPLE TRIES. WE HAVE PROVIDED THE STEPS THAT WE FOLLOWED. IF SOMETHING EXCEPTIONALLY UNEXPLAINED GOES WITH YOUR SYSTEM, WE ARE IN NO WAY LIABLE FOR IT. YOU ARE DOING IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.