A tie can do wonders to your personality. A smartly dressed man is hard to ignore, especially when he has a nice colorful tie knotted round his neck. A tie brings out a confident professional in you and improves your personality by accessorizing your appearance. This simple long piece of cloth can get very complicated, when one tries to knot it up. How to tie a tie is important to know as tying a tie can be a gruesome and a time-consuming task. Did you know that you can tie 85 different types of knots with a tie? Let us look at some of the types of knots before we proceed to a step-by-step guide to tie a tie. Read about the types of knots and how to tie a tie.
Windsor knot: Be it a job interview or any formal event, Windsor knot, if teamed up with spread-collared shirts, eludes ample amount of confidence that is apt for the event or occasion.
Half Windsor knot: The name itself suggests that it is a smaller version of the Windsor knot and can be worn with dressy shirts.
Four in hand knot: This type of knot, also called a schoolboy knot is the easiest knot and is appropriate for all types of occasion.
Bow tie: By far the favorite for weddings, the bow tie is the most difficult to tie and goes very well with dinner jackets.
But, if you are the type who doesn’t give much importance to the name of the knot, learn the easy way to look smart by following these 5 simple steps.
How to tie a tie?
- You will never be able to tie a tie properly, if you are not standing in front of a mirror.
- Turn up the collar of the shirt and place the tie around your neck. The broad end of the tie should be hanging on the side of your dominant hand.
- Make the broad end cross over the narrow end. The crossover should happen in a clockwise direction. Once that’s done, bring up the broad end through the loop that has been formed by the tie and your neck.
- Pull the broad end through the knot.
- Tighten the knot so that it fits snugly to your collar.
It is important that you know the type of tie that is best suited for you. Choosing the right kind of a tie is a crucial step. Wrong choice can do more harm than good to your overall attire. Please look into these factors before you decide on buying a tie.
- Shape of your face
- Your personality
- Material of the tie
A tie enhances your personality and also plays a vital role in influencing people around you. It demands attention and brings about the dominant trait in you that has been well hidden inside you. Now that you know how to tie a tie, the next time, you walk out of your house, be sure that the tie around your neck makes a style statement that is very much you.