We have a mouth watering recipe for tender succulent baked ham glazed with honey that is perfect for a family dinner. Learn how to prepare a glazed baked ham here.
• ½ 9 lb precooked Ham,(either from the shank or butt end)
Honey Thyme Glaze
• 3 Tbsp melted butter
• chopped fresh thyme
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 Tbsp brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
How to prepare Glaze
• For the honey and thyme glaze, mix the thyme with melted butter and keep aside for a while.
• Take a saucepan and add vinegar to the pan and put it on a burner.
• Once the vinegar has reduced remove from the heat and add butter and thyme mix, wisking it nicely.
• Add the honey, the brown sugar, and the Worcestershire sauce.
How to prepare Glazed baked Ham
• Before you bake your ham ensure that it is close to room temperature. It cooks faster if the ham is not frozen or cold.
• Take a roasting pan and line it with foil
• Place the ham on the pan
• With a sharp knife cut diagonal lines across the ham creating diamond shape cuts.
• At each intersection of the cut stud the ham with cloves.
• Baste the ham with the honey glaze and put the pan in a preheated oven.
• Continue basting the ham every 15-20 min.
• Cook the ham for 1 hour in the oven.
• Finish cooking the ham by putting it in a broiler for 2-3 min to get that brown crusty coating.
Remove the cooked ham on to a serving platter lined with diced or sliced vegetables. Your Glazed baked ham is ready to be carved and served.