Egyptian women were known for their beauty, and it’s a known fact that they gave a lot of attention to their looks and beauty. Egyptian women wore make up that was especially prepared using natural extracts, minerals and animal fats. Darker colours were prepared using lead(grey),copper(green),these powders were then mixed with fat that was transformed into eyeliners ad applied using either bone, ivory or a stick. The Egyptian women stressed on the usage of these eyeliners as they were considered a necessity and also looked upon as status symbols. The Egyptian women also wore rouge and painted their nails, however this was done only for special occasions. The Egyptians followed the concept of bold eye makeup, using eyeliners to accentuate their eyes and beauty.
Things you need for Egyptian eye makeup:
A flat eye shadow brush
Golden or mid-tone blue eye shadow
Light colored eye shadow
Waterproof black liquid eyeliner
Waterproof black mascara
Step by step Egyptian eye makeup:
1. You need to ensure that your face is washed and clean before you can apply makeup. Preferably use a cleanser.
2. Start by gently applying foundation to the eye area and eyelids.
3. Use a pair of tweezers to shape your eyebrows, if required trim any long strands of hair from your brow.
4. Since you require a much fuller eyebrow use a pencil (darker than your eyebrow color) to fill create an arch and fill in your eyebrow. You need to ensure that you do not look artificial.
5. Now, using a primer brush start applying primer to the eyelids. Use a light colored eye shadow (cream or vanilla) o your eye lids, start from the eyelash line and work your way to the brow bone.
6. Now using a flat eye shadow brush, gently apply a mid-tone blue or a golden eye shadow to the upper eyelid. Again start from the eyelash to the brow. These are the most commonly used colors used by the Egyptians for applying eye makeup.
7. Avoid using eye shadow to the inner corner of the eye, as Egyptians only used eye shadow for the outer corners. You would need to ensure that the eye shadow is applied in such a way that it is lower towards the outer corner.
8. Now using an eyeliner brush draw a thick line from the middle of your eye to the outer end slowly extending it from the outer corner. Using the brush draw a similar line on your lower eyelid. Use a kohl pencil to line the inner rim of your eye.
9. With the help of a curler, curl your eyelashes and then apply a layer of black mascara on both eyelashes. If you have thin eyelashes you can use fake ones to give a more voluminous feel.
Egyptian eye makeup gives you beautiful, bold and well defined eyes and goes best with an Egyptian costume ad can be used for a theme party, Halloween or for an evening party.