Here we have a classic southern Italian chicken dish called chicken Parmigiana. Chicken Parmigiana made with shallow-fried chicken, layered with cheese and tomato sauce, then baked. Learn how to make Classic Chicken Parmigiana here.
Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large onion
• 4 cloves garlic (paste)
• 2 cans tomatoes puree
• 1 can crushed tomatoes
• 1 small can tomato paste
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 small bunch Italian parsley
• 1 Cubano chilli pepper,
• Salt & pepper to taste
How to make Tomato sauce for Chicken Parmigiana
• Take a medium saucepan and heat olive oil in over medium heat.
• Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent and soft.
• Add pureed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, 1 cup water, bay leaf, parsley, Cubano pepper, and boil.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Lower the heat and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
Chicken Parmigiana Ingredients
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• 2 cups all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
• 4 large eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons water and seasoned with salt and pepper
• 2 cups bread crumbs
• 1 cup olive oil
• Tomato Sauce
• 1 pound fresh mozzarella,
• 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
• Fresh basil
How to prepare Chicken Parmigiana
• Start by preheating your oven to 400F.
• Take a large platter and place the chicken breasts on it.
• Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken breasts.
• Cover each chicken breast in flour, ensuring to tap off the excess flour.
• Dip the flour coated chicken breasts in egg
• Cover the chicken pieces in bread crumbs
• Take a large sautéing pan and place over the burner. Add oil to the pan.
• Place the chicken pieces in the oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
• Take a baking pan and cover with foil.
• Place the fried chicken breasts on the pan and top with tomato sauce.
• Place a few slices of mozzarella on each chicken piece, sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with parmesan cheese.
• Bake the dish for 7 min till the chicken is cooked and cheese has melted.
• Remove from the oven and garnish with basil.
Your delicious Chicken Parmigiana is ready to serve. Chicken Parmigiana can be served along with spaghetti, pasta or as a main course dish by itself.