Aging occurs due to genetic, physiological and environmental factors. Anti aging creams acts in preventing the changes in collagen and elastin, thus giving support to the muscles. Thus, they result in strengthening the muscles. These products reduce visible wrinkles, expression lines, blemishes, pigmentation changes, discolorations etc.
Anti aging cream
1. Vitamin A or Retinol which is a fat soluble vitamin. It occurs in true form in fish oil and liver. In vegetables, it occurs in the form of Beta carotene or provitamin-A. It is an antioxidant, so it prevents unstable or free oxygen radicals that cause damage to skin stability.
2. EGF or epidermal growth factor is a growth factor which has an important role in cell growth and differentiation. It stimulates cell renewal and collagen production in the skin and strengthens its elasticity and structure.
3. Alpha lipoic acid, lactic acid and glycolic acid helps in removal of dead skin cells and fresh skin production.
4. Peptides mainly stimulate the production of collagen and prevent the loss of collagen due to aging.
5. Coenzyme Q10 is a nutrient that controls the level of energy in the cells. It helps to get rid of the fine lines around the eyes. It acts as a sunscreen also.
6. Vitamin E or tocopherol reduces wrinkles and rough skin by acting as an antioxidant and preventing damages due to harmful UV radiation. It helps in reducing wrinkles, dark circles, scars, age spots, stretch marks.
7. Silicon dioxide helps in smoothening the upper layer of the skin resulting in the smooth surface.
Natural anti aging creams
1. Wild yam is a major component of natural anti aging creams which mainly helps in skin tightening. It acts as an antioxidant also.
2. Soy consisting of proteins helps in new cell formation as these are the binding molecules.
3. Coconut endosperm acts on the surface of the skin to build a uniform new cell wall.
4. Citrus fruits are antioxidants, which fight free radicals and also help in lightening of the skin color.
5. Fruit acids in berries also acts as antioxidants and catalyses the collagen making process.
6. Pomegranate is another major anti oxidant that are used in most of the natural antiaging creams. It also helps in skin lightening.
7. Most of the vitamin rich fruits like lemon, goose berries and some other types of berries help in collagen development as it acts like a catalyst.
8. White tea is an important component as it is a very effective antioxidant and acts as a sunscreen also.
Anti aging creams are effective in reducing the wrinkles to reveal a beautiful glowing skin.